Greetings, Dear Reader. It’s late morning here in New Hometown, Florida on Friday, May 14, 2021. The temperature is 78˚F (25˚C) under sunny skies and the air quality index is 40 (Good). With humidity at a relatively dry 34% and the wind blowing from the north-northeast at 10 MPH (15 KM/H), the feels-like temperature is 76˚F (24˚C). Today, we can expect partly sunny skies and a high of 87˚F (30˚C). Tonight, the forecast calls for mostly clear skies and a low of 65˚F (18˚C).
Well, if all goes well today, I will be the proud owner of a new Lenovo – IdeaPad S340 15″ Touch-Screen Laptop. According to UPS and Best Buy, the package with the replacement of the lost Wayward Laptop was placed on the delivery vehicle in Lakeland, Florida (which is 25 miles/40.23 kilometers away from my current address) this morning.
Here is the itinerary of the Lenovo – IdeaPad S340 15″ Touch-Screen Laptop, (in reverse order) from its starting point in East Syracuse, N.Y. to Lakeland:
- Friday, May 14 9:46 AM Out for delivery today Lakeland, FL
- Friday, May 14 8:58 AM Loaded on delivery vehicle Lakeland, FL
- Friday, May 148:44 AM Processing at UPS facility Lakeland, FL
- Friday, May 14 8:00 AM Arrival Scan Lakeland, FL
- Friday, May 14 3:31 AM Departure Scan Jacksonville, FL
- Thursday, May 13 8:20 PM Arrival Scan Jacksonville, FL
- Thursday, May 13 7:50 PM Departure Scan Jacksonville, FL
- Thursday, May 13 6:14 PM Arrival Scan Jacksonville, FL
- Thursday, May 13 4:25 PM Departure Scan Louisville, KY
- Thursday, May 13 12:12 AM Arrival Scan Louisville, KY
- Wednesday, May 12 10:02 PM Departure Scan East Syracuse, NY
- Wednesday, May 12 8:48 PM Arrival Scan East Syracuse, NY
- Wednesday, May 127:13 PM Package was handed off to UPS East Syracuse, NY
- Wednesday, May 12 3:54 PM Initiated
According to Google Maps, total driving time – in ideal conditions, obviously – from Lakeland to New Hometown is approximately 37 minutes (non-stop). Even accounting for traffic and stops, since it’s almost noon here (as I write this), the UPS vehicle should be here by 2 PM…certainly before 6 PM Eastern.
And if that weren’t enough, UPS also notified me that another package – this one contains a box set with the Jurassic World 5-Movie Collection, which includes the three Jurassic Park films from 1993-2001 and two Jurassic World follow-ons from 2015-2017 – which was “delayed” and was due to arrive tomorrow will be delivered today.
So, you know, sometimes the Universe is in sync and good things come to pass.
In any case, although I am not quite ready to unfurl the Mission Accomplished banner and whoop with joy, I am hopeful that the Saga of the Wayward Laptop will come to a happy end by the end of the business day.
 Yes, I have Universal’s 2018 Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary four-film DigiBook collection in my 4K UHD collection. But if you have been a Constant Reader of my blogs, you know – or ought to know, anyway – that I’m a sucker for box sets, especially if they are from franchises I enjoy.